This floor-standing Vacuum and Gas-flush Tray Sealing System, vacuums the tray completely before it inserts gas. The machine is built in stainless steel for use in hygienic environments. The system is tooled up to your specific tray size and neatly trims the film around the perimeter of the tray, the scrap film is then taken up onto the motorized film feeding system. This machine requires a compressed air connection.
- The food trays are manually placed in recesses in the tray carrier drawer. As a safety precaution, the operation is initiated by the two handed release system.
- The tray carrier moves automatically into the machine and the machine head comes down and seals around the tray carrier.
- The large capacity vacuum pump efficiently evacuates the chamber and the gas-flush is carried out.
- The sealing head then moves down, completing the perimeter seal around the tray as well as a neat perimeter cut.
- The tray carrier drawer then automatically moves back out to the operator and the trays may be removed.
- While removal and reloading of the trays takes place, the film is automatically fed to the new position. The new position is determined by either time, encoder or by registration mark (for printed film).